B.E./B.Tech. (4 Years Duration)
|COLLEGE NAME||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Seats|
|LNCT/LNCTE/LNCT&S||Eligibility-XII with: Physics + Maths + (Chemistry/Computer Science/Biology) with Min. 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC MP Domicile Candidate) with qualified rank in JEE.|
Eligibility(Direct/Lateral Entry)-2nd Year.
1. Min. 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) in B.Sc. and passed 12th examination with Maths.
2. Min. 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) in Diploma in Engg.
| LNCT- 180|
Click here to see DTE Rules for Admissions in B.E./B.Tech
M.E./M.Tech. (2 Years Duration) – Construction Technology and Management (CTM)
|COLLEGE NAME||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Seats|
|LNCT||Eligibility-B.E./B.Tech. with Min. 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC MP Domicile Candidate)|| LNCT-24|
Click here to see DTE Rules for Admissions in M.E./M.Tech
Head of Department
|LNCT||Dr. Sushil Kumar Mittal|
|LNCT S||Dr. P. K. Singhai|
|LNCT E||Prof. Supriya Jain|
The Department of Civil Engineering is established in 2004, initially with an intake of 30 at undergraduate level and 18 at postgraduate level in 2007. Department has developed over the years with an increase in intake from 60 to 120 at undergraduate program, 24 at postgraduate program at present.
Since inception the department has set new standards over the time presently under the guidance of Department Head and Faculties with the required support of management.
The department is located on the ground floor of the CME block in LNCT campus. The department has qualified, experienced and adequate faculty to meet the requirements of present intake. The department also has adequate no. of laboratories for giving assured quality results for consultancy testing. The department has a computer center and a library for use.
The department strongly believes in making continuous efforts to strive for excellence by exploring new frontiers of knowledge in engineering and technology. It gives to its students the best available instructions of the curriculum. It also conducts regularly national conferences, seminars and special guest lectures for the benefit of faculty, staff and students. It also collaborates actively for academia – industry interactions. The department also communicates suggestions to affiliating university for academic developments. The department also conducts Staff Development Program and national conference with the support of AICTE for faculty members. In the field of academic consultancy the department is a recognized centre in Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal of Institution of Civil Engineers, Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
Research assistance for paper presentation and travel grants for India and abroad are provided by LNCT and government agencies like MPCST, AICTE, DST etc..
Student Chapters and Societies in Department
Be a fountain head of new ideas and innovations in Civil Engineering.
- To offer assured quality programs in Civil Engineering including education, research guidance, training, leadership and team spirit.
- To inculcate the quality of entrepreneurship among graduating students.
- To be a centre of excellence in civil engineering programme.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide ambient academic environment and effective teaching learning process in the department.
- To prepare the aspirants of civil engineering into employable, responsible, accountable, sincere and ethical engineers having a combination of basic knowledge of science and engineering, design, implementation and capable of handling complex situations as they arise in their job tenure.
- To develop an interest for higher studies among aspirants so that they can contribute to teaching profession/ research and development in areas of Civil Engineering.
- To make them abreast with modern equipments, software and other computational, mathematical design aids so that they perform effectively in the multinational groups for growth of Civil Engineering profession.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Graduate with first class and during tenure of course get selected in campus interviews or higher studies or become entrepreneur.
- Acquire knowledge of Basic Sciences, Engineering, Humanities and Civil Engineering subjects, core and electives with its awareness of latest trends.
- Analyze, synthesize, design, prepare drawings and draw concluding remarks using modern tools judiciously for civil engineering structures being undertaken by the constructors and owners.
- Communicate effectively with their seniors, juniors, workers, stakeholders regarding conveying of instructions, design and drawing details, erection details, write and interpret project reports and management summary.