Course, Admission, Eligibility, Top College, Syllabus, Scope, Jobs, Salary- 2021
M. Tech VLSI Design: What does it about?
M. Tech (Masters of Technology) VLSI Design is a postgraduate Degree program. The duration of this post-graduation course is 2 years which is further divided into 4 semesters of six months each.
The specific focus of the course is to develop skillsets among the students such as designing semiconductor devices & circuits, & architecting systems using embedded components.
The eligibility criteria of the course are that the aspirants should have an obtained a minimum of 50% marks in B.E. /B. Tech degree or equivalents from a reputed institute.
Admission in M. Tech (VLSI Design) is rudimentary based on a merit basis. The average annual fee to pursue the course generally ranges between ₹ 2 to ₹ 7 lakhs per annum.
Aspiring candidates who desire to opt for the M. Tech VLSI Design will study plenty of subjects which are as follows:
- Semiconductor Devices
- VLSI Design Concepts
- Hardware Description Languages
- VLSI Technology
- Design of Analogue/ Mixed-Mode VLSI Circuits
- VLSI Design LAB & a lot more.
Check out: Bright future in the VLSI Design Industry
Both the public as well as private sector hire M. Tech VLSI Design graduates in positions like Design Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Project Leader, Assistant Professor, System Engineer, Project Coordinator, & etc.
The expected annual placement packages for fresher in the M. Tech VLSI Design vary from ₹ 3 to ₹ 7.85 lakhs per annum. Some of the renowned companies which offer jobs to these individuals are Wipro, Cisco System, Robert Bosch Engineering, Microsoft, Google, Texas Instruments, TCS, Defence Research & Development Organisation, etc.
M. Tech VLSI Design: Highlighting Points of the Course
Here, we have drawn a summarised table to provide you the major highlights of the course that is given below:
|Post Graduate Degree Program
|Masters of Technology
|Duration of the course
|Bachelor in Technology in relevant discipline
|Counselling after qualification of entrance examination
|Average Salary Package offered to these individuals
|₹ 4 LPA
|Average Course Fee
|₹ 2 – ₹ 5 LACS
|Top Recruiting Organizations
|Wipro, Cisco System, Robert Bosch Engineering, Microsoft, Google, Texas Instruments, TCS, Defence Research and Development Organisation, Bharat Electronics Ltd, etc.
|Most Prestigious Job Positions
M. Tech VLSI Design: Top College in Bhopal
There is no other college in Bhopal that beats the charisma of the most reliable & supreme institute that is the LNCT Group of Colleges. The institute is most popular & well-known for providing world class training & industrial exposures to the students.
The main motive of this institute is to provide an excellent learning-friendly environment to the students who want to learn, prosper & become amateurs in this field. The faculty members will train you in a way that will automatically help you go ahead towards success.
Since its establishment, this institute has accomplished numerous milestones for working for the betterment of the students. From providing world class infrastructure to training & placement LNCT has been holding the top position. Even in the midst of the contagious pandemic, LNCT is keeping its promise of providing placement to the students. LNCT Group of Colleges has unbeatable placement records since many years.
Check out: Placement Record of Batch 2020-21
LNCT Bhopal is best known for its high quality training that is given by the top-rated faculties who possess an enormous expertise in their respective fields. The faculty will not only teach you but also at the same time grow interest in your minds for the subjects.
You will never feel bore while studying at LNCT Bhopal. The course curriculum is innovatively designed that helps the students to develop & prosper in the field of VLSI Design. With LNCT, you will not only learn the subjects but also will gain real time experience at the same time. As it is the only institute in Bhopal that will provide you hands-on training that will help you to better understand.
We have been tied up with ample top companies who are leading worldwide. After completion of the course program, we arrange job interviews for the students.
The vision of LNCT Group of Colleges is to provide the best institution where education and research assemble to produce professional VLSI Design graduates. Also, these institutes help the students to become responsible citizens of the country along with accepting social responsibilities. LNCT Group of Colleges provides a world-class infrastructure so that students can develop in respect to meet the industrial requirements.
- To continually bringing advancement in training method, learning process by updating the infrastructural facilities and faculty credentials.
- To essentially facilitate the proportion of skilled-based courses beyond the curriculum to create employable graduates.
- To teach basic human values, ethics, patriotism, and responsibility by rendering a learning-friendly atmosphere.
- Development by engaging the students in various industry-based projects to develop industry skills among students.
The institute provides splendid infrastructure that is very helpful when it comes to acquiring knowledge. LNCT Group of Colleges is committed to providing both internships and remunerative job opportunities to the students to secure their careers.
Listed below, the top recruiting companies which is associated with LNCT for providing placement:
- Orange Business Services
- Tech Mahindra & so on.
M. Tech VLSI Design: Eligibility Criteria
In order to meet the eligible criteria set up by LNCT Bhopal for the M. Tech VLSI Design. There are specific criteria that are set up by the LNCT Bhopal that you must have to follow:
- The candidates are required to complete their 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, & Maths as main subjects. Candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in its best of 5 subjects. Also, they must have passed out from a reputed board.
- The applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in the VLSI Design with an aggregate of 50% marks. In the case of reserved categories like SC/ST/OBC, the candidates have to secure a minimum of 45% marks in B. Tech.
M. Tech VLSI Design: Admission Process
The admission process is usually carried out through the marks of the entrance test & merit basis which are as follows:
- Intended candidates must have sit for the entrance examination after satisfying the eligibility condition.
- The result of the entrance examination will declare on the official website of the DTE MP.
- Candidates who are holding a greater percentage or aggregate marks in the entrance test will be able to enrol themselves at this institute.
- After that, you must have to appear for the counselling process on the official website of the DTE MP. In this process, the documents of the eligible candidates are verified to check the authenticity of the documents.
- After get done with the verification, candidates will have to submit the soft copies of the documents & pay the admission fee to confirm the admission.
M. Tech VLSI Design: Syllabus
The entire course curriculum is taught to the students in a total of 4 semesters. Given below is a table, the following is the semester-wise course structure of the M. Tech VLSI Design which is as follows:
Subjects of Study
|VLSI Design concepts
|Hardware Description Languages
|Design of Analogue / Mixed-Mode VLSI Circuits
|VLSI Design LAB
|Hardware Description Languages LAB
|Advanced Digital Signal Processing
|ASIC Design and FPGA
|Memory Design and Testing
|Testing and Fault Tolerance
|Digital Signal Processing and Embedded Systems LAB
|Designing with FPGAs LAB
M. Tech VLSI Design: Important Books to be followed
The list of most important books which you must follow for the M. Tech VLSI Design course is enlisted below:
|Name of the Book
|Principles of CMOS VLSI Design
|N. Weste and K. Eshranghian
|The Design and Analysis of VLSI
|L.Glaser and D. Dobberpuhl
|Logical testing & design for testability
M.Tech VLSI Design: What is it comprises?
The detailed information about the M. Tech VLSI Design course program is mentioned below:
- M. Tech in VLSI Designs a full-time two years post-graduate degree program. The course work is divided into four semesters with a duration of six months each.
- VLSI is amongst the vital sections of engineering that has been continually emerging from the late 1990s to the 21st century.
- Application of VLSI is subjected to each enterprise especially the Research & Development (R&D) sector of space agencies.
- Numerous companies across the country who offer jobs to these individuals are Wipro, Cisco System, Robert Bosch Engineering & Business Solution Ltd, TCS, Defence Research & Development Organization, & many more.
M. Tech VLSI Design: Perks of pursuing the degree
The specific objective to attain an M. Tech VLSI Design degree will solely depend on the aspirant’s aspiration & goals. The essential reasons to enrol you with the M. Tech VLSI Design program are:
- This course immensely helps the students to train for academic as well as research, & analysis-based careers. It develops competence among students in the application of quantitative & qualitative methods in the specific domain.
- It is quite beneficial for the students to guide the professionals to work in the branch of LVSI design. They can do so by playing various roles at the interface between technology design, & development.
- Annual placement packages offered to an M. Tech VLSI Design candidate is usually on a higher side. A spectrum of employment areas open after the program, including Wireless Communication Industry, Colleges & Universities, Telecommunication Industry, Solid State Physics, Robotics Industry, VLSI, Nanotechnology, Defence, Power Electronics, & so on.
M. Tech VLSI Design V/s M. Tech Power Electronics:
There are a lot of differences between these two post-graduation courses which we are going to see in the below table that gives a brief of these courses.
|Points of Differences
|M. Tech Power Electronics
|M. Tech VLSI Design
|Master of Technology in Power Electronics
|Master of Technology in VLSI Design
|Brief Overview of the course
|M. Tech in Power Electronics is a 2-year full-time post graduate level degree program. It mainly involves the branch of the discipline of Power Electronics.
|M. Tech in VLSI Design is a 2-year full-time post graduate level degree program. It is a course program with a specialization in VLSI Design.
|Based on either the marks of entrance or merit-based admission.
|Based on either the marks of entrance or merit-based admission.
|Candidates will have to possess a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Power Electronics.
|Candidates will have to possess a Bachelor’s degree in the field of VLSI Design.
|Prestigious Job Profiles
|Grade II Technician, Engineer Trainee, Senior Management Staff, Regulatory Officer, Engineering Executive, Junior Engineer, Power Electronics, etc.
|Design Verification Engineer, Design Engineer, Senior Test Engineer, Design Verification Engineer, etc.
M. Tech VLSI Design: Career Options & Job Opportunities
After successfully graduating in the M. Tech VLSI Design individuals will have the two best options before them. They can either join the corporate sector or further proceeding with higher studies. Possessing an M. Tech degree in VLSI Design, you perhaps seek jobs in the key areas which are as follows:
- VLSI Programmer
- Associate Applications Engineer
- Graphics Hardware Engineer
- Circuit Design Engineer
- Logic Library Expert, etc.
The aforesaid companies offer M. Tech VLSI Design candidates a lucrative salary package up to ₹ 6 Lakhs per annum.
M. Tech VLSI Design: Top Job Designations
Several most common & top job profiles that an M. Tech VLSI Design student can pursue along with the job description & average salary package are enlisted below in the following table:
|The average salary package in (₹)
|Essentially, a professor provides proper guidance, training & education to the students in the domain of M. Tech VLSI Design. It is one of the most opted job options selected by the candidates after passing the M. Tech VLSI Design.
|An average placement package that an individual receives in this profession is around ₹ 9 lakhs per annum.
|Design Engineers are majorly involved in studying, researching, & develop ideas for new products. They are also engaged in the work of making the systems used to purchase them. Furthermore, they also modify existing products or processes to boost efficiency and increase the performance of the products.
|An average placement package that an individual receives in this profession is around ₹ 5 lakhs per annum.
|Senior Test Engineer
|The primary job duty of a Senior Test Engineer is to develop test plans & design hardware as well as software to execute the tests. Moreover, they have to cater technical proficiency & design input in another team.
|An average placement package that an individual receives in this profession is around ₹ 12 lakhs per annum.
|Senior Hardware Design Engineer
|They are involved in creating BOM, Beard layout, Test plan, & product documents. Also, they have to carefully select standards portions & peripheral for design.
|An average placement package that an individual receives in this profession is around ₹ 6 lakhs per annum.
|Design Verification Engineer
|They are accountable for verifying engineer’s design & executing test procedure. They also ensure that whether the products are working as intended or not.
|An average placement package that an individual receives in this profession is around ₹ lakhs per annum
M.Tech VLSI Design: Future Scope
Apart from the above mentioned job designations, the graduates can also opt for further studies. After completing the M. Tech VLSI Design the intended can proceed by pursuing a Ph.D.
The candidates who have a strong interest in conducting researches can pursue doctoral programs. They can flourish their career by opting for the Ph.D. course. At present, the demand for VLSI Design professionals is at its peak. Due to massive amplification of industries, the job’s demands are also increasing simultaneously in this field.
Opting for the M. Tech VLSI Design course in 2021 is really very beneficial for students after completing B. Tech. As the field of VLSI Design is very vast & enduring, hence one can get multiple job options after completing the course. These days the demand for a professional VLSI Design Engineer is at its peak.
- M. Tech VLSI Design is a 2-year post-graduate degree program that consists 4 semesters with duration of 6 months each. The candidates are required to complete their 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, & Maths as main subjects. Candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in its best of 5 subjects. Also, they must have passed out from a reputed board.
The applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in the VLSI Design with an aggregate of 50% marks. In the case of reserved categories like SC/ST/OBC, the candidates have to secure a minimum of 45% marks in B. Tech.