Computer Science and Engineering | LNCT Group of Colleges
We envision ourselves as a pace-setting Colleges of Academic Excellence focused on education, research and development in established and emerging professions
Computer Science and Engineering
Department of Computer Science and Engineering of the college was established in year 1994 with intake of 60 students. Two postgraduate courses in Computer Science and Engineering and Software Engineering were started in the year 2004 and 2007 respectively.
Currently the department has an intake of 180 at undergraduate level and 24 at postgraduate level (M.Tech, CSE). Since its inception the department has always been recognized for excellence in teaching and outstanding students’ performance at global level and for the excellent placement record in various international/national companies. All over the world, the alumni of the department occupy top positions in IT industries like Google, Sun Microsystem, Yahoo, Cisco, TCS, Cognizant, Infosys, Wipro and many more.
Department provides an ambient teaching learning environment for its students through qualified, experienced faculty and smart classroom facility. The course structure is as per RGPV, Bhopal and includes courses on nascent topics to equip our students with the latest developments in Computer Science Engineering to bridge the gap with the industry.
Research guidance to M. Tech. students is provided by Head of Department and the Head of Computer Center, along with the various other experienced faculty members in the areas like Networks Security, Cloud Computing, Data Mining and Knowledge Management, Soft Computing, Image Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Ad-hoc Networks, Parallel Processing, Software Engineering etc.. The department also organizes National/International Conference, Workshops, Seminar, Expert Lectures in above mentioned areas.
The Department has 10 nos. of state-of-the-art computer laboratories with latest computers and software supported by High Speed Ethernet and Wireless networks. Presently the department has leased line Internet connectivity on OFC(Primary) and RF(Backup). Various student Chapters/Organizations like CSI Chapter, IETE Chapter, Open SUN Solaris Community are active throughout the year.
Research assistance for paper presentation and travel grants for India and abroad are provided by LNCT and government agencies like MPCST, AICTE, DST etc.
B.E./B.Tech. (4 Years Duration)
|College Name||LNCT | LNCTE | LNCT&S|
|Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility-XII with: Physics + Maths + (Chemistry/Computer Science/Biology) with Min. 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC MP Domicile Candidate) with qualified rank in JEE.|
Eligibility(Direct/Lateral Entry)-2nd Year.
1. Min. 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) in B.Sc. and passed 12th examination with Maths.
2. Min. 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) in Diploma in Engg.
|Seats||LNCT- 180 | LNCTE-180 | LNCT&S-180|
M.E./M.Tech. – Computer Science & Engineering
|College Name||LNCT | LNCTE | LNCT & S|
|Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility-B.E./B.Tech. with Min. 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC MP Domicile Candidate)|
|Seats||LNCT-30 | LNCT & S -30 | LNCTE – 24|
Student Chapters and Societies in Department
To produce competent computer manpower to cater the need of technical challenges in industry, research and academics, with the sense of service to the humanity and the nation.
- To provide best possible educational facilities for teaching & learning process to computer science and engineering students for building a promising career.
- To create ambient environment in which core competency in the field of computer science & engineering along with research can be strengthened.
- To organize conferences, seminars and hands on training programs to expose/train students, staff and faculties with current technological developments, in field of computer science & engineering
- To encourage the students to become self-motivated , to take up responsibility and work with ethical and moral values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare the graduates to apply knowledge of computer science and engineering subjects in domain of software analysis, design and application development.
- To prepare computer science and engineering graduates for employment in software industry, academic, public sectors and private sectors undertakings and for the higher studies and entrepreneurship.
- To prepare the graduates to use latest skills, techniques and engineering tools to analyse and solve problems related to computer science and engineering in industrial, social and environmental context.
- To prepare the graduates to exhibit professionalism, ethical values, effective written and oral presentation skills and team work with social responsibilities.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
A graduate of Computer Science and Engineering Program will develop
- an ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of Data structure, Database Management System, Software Engineering, Computer Networking and Operating System.
- an ability to design & develop software projects using computer science principles and open source software tools.
- an ability to apply acquired knowledge of theoretical and modern computer science subjects in problem solving of domains such as web and mobile based application development, database management system and network security.
- an ability to employ assimilated learning and knowledge from curricular courses towards personality development and grooming as responsible citizens.