Department of Information Technology Engineering | LNCT Group of Colleges
LNCT Group of Colleges is committed to set new benchmarks in academics and technological innovation!
Department of Information Technology Engineering
The Department of Information Technology, established in 1999, with an intake of 40 at undergraduate level. Presently the department has intake of 120 in undergraduate program B.Tech. (IT). Since start of the course it has undergone major developments. The department has qualified, experienced faculty in adequate number in cadre ratio. The department has laboratories like Networking, Project, Programming and RDBMS with modern facilities, departmental library and a computer center.The department encourages its faculty to present papers in National Journal, Referred International Journals, Conferences Symposium and Workshops/Staff Development Program like TEQIP-III, ISTE and STP. It has good placement records in prominent IT companies Infosys, Wipro, Cognizent, Amazon etc.The department publishes a National Journal entitled ‘National Journal of Engineering Science and Management’. Research assistance for paper presentation and travel grants for India and abroad are provided by LNCT and government agencies like MPCST, AICTE, DST etc.The department has completed AICTE-MODROBS project of Rs. 5 Lacs for the establishment of Open Source (Linux/Unix) Laboratory under the guidance of Dr. Manish Shrivastava as the Principal Investigator.
B.E./B.Tech. (4 Years Duration)
|Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility-XII with: Physics + Maths + (Chemistry/Computer Science/Biology) with Min. 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC MP Domicile Candidate) with qualified rank in JEE.|
Eligibility(Direct/Lateral Entry)-2nd Year.
1. Min. 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) in B.Sc. and passed 12th examination with Maths.
2. Min. 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) in Diploma in Engg.
M.E./M.Tech. – Computer Science & Engineering
|College Name||LNCT | LNCTE | LNCT & S|
|Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility-B.E./B.Tech. with Min. 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC MP Domicile Candidate)|
|Seats||LNCT-30 | LNCT & S -30 | LNCTE – 24|
Student Chapters and Societies in Department
Train and develop the aspirants in communication and applications of Information Technologies as experts for serving society in large.
- To align with the most recent developments in areas of information technology.
- To create expert engineers in information technology field inclusive of overall development of personality.
- To encourage new ideas from students/ faculties for progressive thinking.
- To provide latest facilities to students and faculties with opportunities to sharpen skill-sets, gain, illuminate, implement and disseminate knowledge.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare students to outshine and flourish in the field of Information and Technology through quality education.
- To inculcate core competence in the field of Information and Technology to innovate, frame and explore fundamental engineering problems.
- To train students with diverse programming techniques and engineering tools to innovate real life computing products.
- To develop effective communication skills, leadership qualities and teamwork skills with professional ethics to function effectually on contemporary field.
- To cultivate attentiveness towards lifelong learning and acquaint with professional ethics and codes.